Looking for a fun and fashionable way to keep your kids a little extra safe when heading out to zoos, amusement parks and other major attractions this summer? These cute friendship bracelets help kids remember your phone number, just in case you get separated. Even if kids are old enough to remember your phone number, getting lost can be scary and trying to recall digits can be tough, especially for younger kids. Plus they’re fun to make and wear too!
- Elastic cord
- Brightly colored plastic beads
- Plastic beads with numbers on them (purchase at your local craft store or here on Amazon)
- Measure elastic cord around child’s wrist and cut cord. (Let a grown up do this part for younger kids). Be sure to allow room for the beads and to tie the knots in the end of the bracelet.
- Tie a knot in one in end.
- Have the child string the beads, putting colored beads at the ends and the numbered beads in the middle. If necessary, double check their work to make sure they have the phone number correct.
- Tie a knot in the remaining end of the bracelet to secure the beads, and then tie the two ends together around the child’s wrist.
These are also great if your child is headed somewhere with a grown up that they do not know the phone number of (such as a friend’s parent, aunt, uncle, grandparent, etc.).