This post wast brought to you by J. Jill. All opinions and love of cute affordable fashion is completely and totally my own.
Have you ever had a friend that even if you haven’t talked to her in ages, absolutely nothing has changed and you are completely and totally able to pick up right where you left off, no matter how long ago it was?
Recently I’ve reconnected with an old friend “S” who I’ve missed a lot more than I realized. We have not seen each other in years, and due to changes in careers, our lives and geography, we fell out of touch for a few years, but recently reconnected. However, thanks to social media we’ve been able to get back in touch more on a regular basis and it’s amazing how with some friends, it doesn’t matter if it’s been minutes or years, nothing has changed and I’m glad I’m getting a chance to get to know her again.
Unfortunately it’s been almost a decade since I’ve seen my good friend in person since she lives several states away, and I’m not even sure I have a photo of the two of us together to show you, even if everything I own is currently in boxes due our move anyway.
One of our new partners here at Two Kids and a Coupon is J.Jill, and they are celebrating true friendship by giving you some great chances to win in the J.Jill True Blue Instagram contest. To enter, just post photo of yourself and a friend to J.Jill’s timeline and tag it with hashtag #jjilltrueblue, or upload a photo of yourself and a friend to Instagram with hashtag #jjilltrueblue and tag J.Jill’s instagram (@JJillstyle). They will select one person each day to receive a gift card for a pair of jeans for themselves and a friend and a grand prize winner will receive a two $250 gift cards – one for themselves and a friend.
Also — Did you know that between now and 2/12 all J. Jill stores are offering a hot deal with 20% off denim styles? Here are some of the cool styles you’ll want to check out!
• J.Jill’s denim is inspired by artisan patterns in the color blue — toile prints, indigo tiles, pen and ink sketches–and was designed into indigo and softer shades of blue (e.g., Atlantic and Periwinkle) for a fresh perspective for you. You’ll also find a variation of mixed motifs, deep denim washes and lighthearted intarsias throughout the new denim collection.
• Authentic Fit Slim Boot-Cut Jeans – These create a lean silhouette. These jeans have a slimmer, slightly flared leg opening creating a flattering, balanced fit for both shoes and boots, and the higher rise is perfect to tuck in shirts and maintain a smooth silhouette –.Jill recommends a brightly colored button up with cami underneath. If you’d prefer a longer top to create a long,lean line – try an A-line shape cardigan that mirrors the flare of the jeans.
• Slim Boyfriend - This type of denim is like your favorite boyfriend jean but now more straight and streamlined for a more feminine fit. Straight fit through hips and thighs for a silhouette that flatters every body. J.Jill’s tip – play with both proportions and volume with the slim boyfriend, both slim and fuller-volume tops work well. A streamlined top has a slimming effect (especially in black!) over the straight shape of the slim boyfriend jeans, whereas fuller tops create a visual balance with the straight bottom.
• Tried & True Slim Ankle - These were inspired by the classic and timeless ankle silhouette, and conform beautifully to a woman’s shape with the ankle-length seam falling in just the right place. Pair with a longer length top with either a little or a lot of volume — either works! Try tunic for a slim, lengthening effect, or a more voluminous sweater over a stretch cotton tee for a flattering layered take.
• Tried & True Slim Leg - These jeans are super flattering thanks to J.Jill’s cotton-stretch fabric for a great fit, recovery and comfort. The dark color elevates the look, and the slim leg looks great with heels, flats or tucked into boots. These jeans are a perfect complement to tops with an A-line shape or hem interest. Pairing them with an anorak would make for a classic look with balanced proportions, or try a high-low hem to create interest on top while slimming and elongating the bottom.
Hopefully it won’t be another decade or so until I see my friend in person, but until then I know that we’ll be able to be just in touch great via phone and online. She’s been having a tough time the last couple weeks, and as a special surprise, she’s going to receive a pair of jeans from J. Jill to help cheer her up very soon.