It’s snowing… again here in Iowa tonight and that means even more cold and winter weather is on its way. Much like most of the country, we’ve had the winter that won’t end here, and that has meant lots of time snuggled up indoors with friends and family enjoying comfort foods and each other’s company. Hot soup, stew and chili is often on the menu and if you’re also looking for a great new chili recipe, here’s a tasty one from one of our contributors!
- 1 Pound Ground Pork or Ground Beef
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt (or to taste)
- 1 - 28 fl.oz. can Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 – 19 fl.oz. can Lentils
- 1 - 19 fl.oz. can Red Kidney Beans
- 1 - 19 fl.oz. can White Kidney Beans
- 1/2 cup Real Maple Syrup
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
• Warm pan on medium heat
• Add ground pork and salt to taste.
• Cook pork the whole way through.
• Add tomatoes, lentils and beans
• Bring to a boil
• Add in the maple syrup and cinnamon
• Simmer for about 20 minutes until flavors soak into the beans.
• Tastes even better the next day!
• Serves approximately 10-12