Looking to make healthier after school snacks, but don’t have much time to do it?, especially to make healthy snacks. These great, healthy snacks are easy to make for those busy days when you need a little food pick-me-up the most.
Cream Cheese Ball
Nope, this isn’t your typical cheese ball!
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup frozen berries
- ½ cup cooked oats
Mix the frozen berries and oats together and cook on low, with two teaspoons in the bottom of the sauce pan, for 3 minutes, stirring often. Mix the berry and oat mixture with the cream cheese in a bowl until it is well blended. Form into a ball and place in the refrigerator for 10 minutes. Serve with pretzels and a side of fruit.
Yogurt and Apple Delight
- 6 ounces vanilla yogurt
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon of butter
- ½ diced medium Granny Smith Apple
- Dollop of whipped cream
Mix the sugar and butter in a sauce pan and simmer until butter is melted and the mixture is like a glaze. Pour into a bowl and add the apple slices. Mix well to coat apple. Add in yogurt and mix well, until blended. Top with whipped cream and enjoy!
- 1 cup of mixed black and green olives
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- half of a fresh squeezed lemon
- 1 teaspoon dill pickle juice
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup Mozzarella cheese
- Set oven at 350 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
- Spoon into 4 muffin baking forms.
- Top with both cheeses
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool, and then serve.