Making delicious cupcakes can be fun, but if you’re on a diet or trying to watch what you eat it can be frustrating, too. Not with these great recipes, though! They are all 200 calories or less per cupcake and they don’t taste like they are low-calorie.
Moist Chocolate Cupcakes
- 1 10-ounce can of pear halves, in the juice
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup artificial sweetener
- 3 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon
- 3 medium sized eggs
- 2 cups plain flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Drain pears, but keep the juice.
- Place sugar and cocoa powder in a small saucepan, adding 4 tablespoons of the pear juice. Heat the mix, whisking continuously until it is well combined. Add pear juice as needed to keep it moist. Pour the mixture into a bowl and add pears. Allow to cool for 15 minutes, then puree in a blender.
- Pour the mixture back into a large mixing bowl, add 3 teaspoons of vanilla and the three eggs, beat until mixed well, then slowly add in the flour until smooth.
- Place mixture into cupcake molds. If it is thick, don’t worry!
- Bake for 20 minutes. Let them cool completely. Add icing if desired, but that will add more calories to each cupcake.
Reese’s Peanut Butter and Chocolate Cupcakes
- Reese’s Cups (Mini) – Frozen
- Devil’s Food Cake – Chocolate Mix (Gluten Free is even less calories!)
- 9 oz Sparkling Water
- 1/4 cup of Plain Low fat Yogurt
- 1 8oz tub of Cool Whip
- 3 Tablespoons of Peanut Butter
- Preheat oven according to box.
- Mix Cake mix with 3/4 the can of the sparkling water.
- Add 1/4 cup of plain low fat yogurt.
- Spoon into cupcake tins.
- Unwrap Reese’s Cups and drop into batter, but don’t push them down.
- Bake according to box.
- Mix cool whip and peanut butter until well blended.
- Ice the cupcakes with the peanut butter mix after they cool completely.
Chocolate Coffee Cupcake Delight
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg whites
- 1 whole egg
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup soy milk
- 3 teaspoons ground coffee
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Mix flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, beat egg whites, whole egg, sugar and oil until well mixed.
- Add flour mixture and soy milk until well blended.
- Add coffee and vanilla.
- Divide batter among muffin cups.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes.
- Cool for about 30 minutes and serve! This tastes wonderful with coffee.