Two Kids and a Coupon received a sample for purposes of this review. All opinions and admiration for this cause are completely and totally my own.
Over the next two months here at Two Kids and a Coupon, we’ll be sharing some great gifts for everyone on your list, including some great gifts that gift back to others as well. In all the craziness of the holidays it can sometimes get so hectic that it can be easy to forget the true meaning of the season, but there are some special gifts available that you can pick out that also give back as well.
The World Vision Gift Catalog offers more than 250 items that help fight poverty and save lives here in US and around the world. With a financial contribution, donors can select one of the 30+ Handcrafted Gifts that can be shared with a loved one and at the same time help a person in need. Here are a few of their very special items this holiday season:
- Colors of Africa Bracelet & Earring Set: This gorgeous Zakale jewelry set is handmade from recycled materials by Kenyan artisans reclaiming their own lives from poverty.
- Cinnamon Box: Created from the dried inner bark of Cassia (Cinnamon) trees by skilled artisans in Vietnam; these boxes help families receive social and health insurance as well as the opportunity to apply for scholarship funds.
- Hand-woven Headband: This beautiful, 100% cotton headband woven by skilled workers in Lake Atitlan in Guatemala helps address urgent needs of children, families or communities that might otherwise go unmet.
- Ornament Set: This set includes three handmade Zakale wire and bead animal trio ornaments from Nairobi.
- Gertie the Plush Goat: Gertie is available exclusively through World Vision and represents farm animals that are donated to children and families around the world and provide a steady supply of nutritious food and the surplus can be sold for extra income.
We were sent the Colors of Africa earrings and bracelet to review and it is truly amazing. The detail is so beautiful and delicate and the beadwork is absolutely amazing! This is my second year reviewing items from World Vision and both years the quality has been fabulous and it’s wonderful to have such a great story behind the gift as well. This jewelry set is so beautiful that I haven’t decided if I’m going to keep it myself or give as a gift, but either way its great to know this jewelry is helping others in need.
We will also be giving away one of these beautiful jewelry sets to one very lucky Two Kids and a Coupon reader. Watch for a giveaway coming soon!