- One box cornbread mix (I use Jiffy, but any kind works)
- One box yellow cake mix (any brand works, whatever is affordable)
- Whatever additional ingredients that the 2 mixes call for on the box (milk, water, oil, eggs, etc.)
- Butter or butter spray
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large mixing bowl, add both mixes and stir in any additional ingredients that they might call for individually (like eggs or milk and combine together. If one mix asks for 2 eggs and the other mix asks for 1 egg, mix in 3 total eggs).
- Stir mixture until smooth, and pour into greased pans. This recipe works with muffin tins, cake pans or bread pans. Make it using whatever you have on hand or whatever you prefer. I like it in all kinds of pans, but my family’s favorite is cooked in mini-loaf bread pans and then sliced like pound cake.
- Bake at 350 until golden brown or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Length of time varies depending on the pan you use. For best results and additional flavor after baking, brush tops and sides with butter or spray with butter spray. Serve warm with honey, butter or whatever else tastes good.