Disclosure: I am a compensated member of the U.S. Cellular Better Moments Blogger Brigade. However all opinions and unnatural obsessions to my smart phone are my own and admiration for this donation program are completely and totally my own.
Our government may be back in session and programs might be returning to normal, but with all the budget cuts in recent years, our communities and schools in particular never seem to have everything that they need.
One company’s community giving program is offering schools a chance to get some of the things they desperately need.
U.S. Cellular’s Calling All Communities (CAC) campaign will return for the fifth year November 4-25. It challenges schools to rally community support to vote for their school for the chance to win a share of $500,000 to fund what their students need the most. The top 20 schools that garner the most community votes will each win $25,000 to use as they wish to enhance their educational experience. There is only one vote per person, so we need the entire community to get involved. Here’s how to get it going in your community.
- When the campaign launches, there will be a printable flyer on the US Cellular website that can help you spread the word in your community.
- Post information on your school’s website with a link to the U.S. Cellular website for updates.
- Engage sports teams, the school band or student groups to help spread the word by handing out campaign flyers available on uscellular.com.
- Ask local businesses to share campaign flyers with their customers or hang flyers on their premises.
- Even get the Principal involved for some fun incentives like a pie-throwing contests.
Since the program began in 2008, U.S. Cellular has awarded $4 million to 56 schools across the country. Past winners of the Calling All Communities campaign have used their winnings in a variety of ways to strengthen the learning experience for thousands of students.
Many winning schools outfitted their classrooms with new computers, improved outdated infrastructure and renovated gymnasiums, kitchens and science labs. A few gave scholarships to graduating students while others donated some of their winnings to non-profits around the world.
The Calling All Communities program is a great way to get your community rallied together to apply and raise money for a cause. For more information on the program check it out online and you can also view past winners.