Think you’ve got the best Halloween costume idea for your kid? The Hub Network, a destination for kids and their families, kicks off Halloween early this year by announcing that Martha Stewart will appear as the Halloween expert as part of the panel of celebrity judges scheduled to participate in the network’s nationwide costume competition on the “Hub Network’s First Annual Halloween Bash,” to be broadcast Saturday, October 26.
Anyone with a little imagination and creativity can compete for the best costume in America during the nationwide costume competition. Submissions begin Friday, August 16 and 50 semi-finalists representing each state in America will win a trip to Los Angeles to be a part of the two-hour star-studded event. One lucky winner will take home $25,000 and will have a chance at a walk-on role on the Hub Network’s Daytime Emmy® Award-winning series, “R.L. Stine’s The Haunting Hour: The Series.”
The competition is open to all ages, including individuals or a maximum of five people per group submission. Participants are encouraged to create eye-popping, hair-raising and spooky costumes within one of the following six categories:
· Howl-arious – Shows the lighter side of Halloween with a take on a fun, funny or otherwise hilarious costume.
· Spook-tacular – Get ready to frighten America by showcasing the most spine-chilling costume for all the ghosts and ghouls out there.
· Mad Genius – Unique, original, innovative and never seen before. A knight in armor fashioned from bottle caps, bat wings made from old
umbrellas, or a cardboard-box jetpack, the possibilities are endless. Display a costume unlike any other — show your Mad Genius.
· Blast from the Past – Take a stroll down memory lane with a timeless costume. Memories, nostalgia and yesteryear brought to life. Show your
take on great figures from before the 20thcentury or a retro 50’s sock hop get up, 60’s flower child or other “period” inspired costumes.
· Animal Kingdom – Transform into a living creature from the past or present. Be a roaring lion, a school of jellyfish, a firefly, or a
· Everyday Stuff – We’re looking for the coolest refrigerator/freezer, remote control, mailbox, block of Swiss cheese, telephone and more.
Be creative and transform the ordinary into the extra-ordinary.