I admit. I’m not exactly Betty Crocker. There’s a good reason I’m not a food blogger and that most of the recipes you’ll find here on Two Kids and a Coupon are done here by one of our correspondents. My cooking skills are meager to say the least, however, I do make a mean casserole and when one of our sponsors recently asked us to share a casserole recipe using one of our household favorites, Country Crock, I decided I would actually cook for a change and share the results with all of you. We use Country Crock daily at our house as a spread and to cook with. It has 0g trans fat per serving, contains no partially hydrogenated oils, has no cholesterol, has 70% less fat than butter per serving and has 30% fewer calories than butter per serving.
There’s one casserole that my guys love that’s quick and easy to make, and always has them asking for seconds and thirds. This easy casserole is hearty enough for a meal by itself, or as a side, and is great with or without the meat. We make it not only for dinner, but it makes a great dish to take to a brunch as well. Here’s how to make it!
- 1/2 cup of Country Crock
- 1 2 Pound Bag of Frozen Hashbrowns
- 1 Cup Diced Cooked Bacon (or pre-cooked bacon pieces)
- 1 Cup Diced Cooked Ham
- 2 Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 16 oz Container of Sour Cream
- 2 cans of Cream of Potato Soup
- 1 1/2 Cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Butter flavored non-stick cooking spray
- 1 Additional cup of Cheddar Cheese (optional)
- Preheat Oven to 375
- Grease glass casserole dish with butter flavored non-stick cooking spray
- Melt 1/2 a cup Country Crock in microwavable container
- Pour frozen hashbrowns into large mixing bowl. Pour melted Country Crock over hashbrowns.
- Add sour cream and 2 cups of shredded cheese and mix
- Mix in 2 cans of cream of potato soup
- Stir in bacon and and ham (if you prefer a vegetarian option, just leave these out — it’s just as yummy!)
- Add salt and pepper to taste)
- Spoon mixture into greased casserole dish and smooth out slightly with spoon
- Sprinkle with shredded parmesan cheese. I often also add another cup of shredded cheddar cheese (although it’s great without it)
- Bake 45 minutes to one hour or until mixture starts to turn golden brown and bubbly.
- Serve while warm and enjoy!
This recipe is such a hit with my husband and little man, that they always ask for more and always eat all the leftovers too. My 4 year old was even licking his plate tonight after dinner! For more information Country Crock be sure to visit their website. You can also follow Country Crock on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest. I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.