Looking for an extra yummy treat that’s great as a bar cookie or as a drop cookie? These Peanut Butter Maple Oatmeal Cookies are one of our favorites and the kids love the the “secret” ingredient is the instant oatmeal packets they normally have for breakfast in the mornings. Here’s how to make them.
- 1 1/2 sticks margarine or butter softened
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 4 packets maple & brown sugar instant oatmeal
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup peanut butter chips
- Combine peanut butter and margarine (or butter)
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar and brown sugar
- Combine dry ingredients w/ butter & peanut butter and fully mix, adding eggs and vanilla
- Mix in oatmeal and chips
- Spread into ungreased baking dish or brownie pan
- Bake at 375 for about 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Also works great as drop cookies. Add 1/4 cup flour batter to make it a little thicker and drop rounded spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 375 about 10 minutes or until cookies begin to get slightly brown.