Looking for a yummy treat for your next family movie night or game night? This homemade caramel corn is quick and easy to make and always a hit! We recently just made it for a family movie night and here’s how you can make it at home.
- About 7 1/2 or 8 cups of popped popcorn
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons dark brown Caro syrup
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup peanuts, mixed nuts or cashews (optional)
- Pop popcorn and remove any unpopped kernels. Set aside popcorn in a large mixing bowl.
- Melt brown sugar, margarine and syrup on medium heat until boiling.
- Boil for 3 minutes
- Add 1 teaspoon vanilla and 1/4 teaspoon baking powder. The baking powder will cause the mixture to foam so you’ll want to stir in quickly and be ready to pour over the popcorn right away.
- Pour over popcorn and stir thoroughly. If you like nuts, mix those in as well. (this is wonderful with them, we just usually leave them out due to the kids)
- Spread popcorn mixture onto waxed paper to cool. Once it’s cool enough to eat, break apart and enjoy!