Looking for a fun, rockin’ and hilariously raunchy comedy for your next date night in at home?
The outrageous and irreverently fun Pitch Perfect, packed with deleted and extended scenes, line-o-ramas, music videos and more, and is now available on Blu-ray™ Combo Pack, DVD, On Demand and Digital Download from Universal Studios Home Entertainment. Here’s a synopsis just in case you missed this one in theaters.
Beca (Anna Kendrick) arrives at her new college to find herself not right for any clique but somehow muscled into one she never would have picked on her own: alongside mean girls, sweet girls and weird girls whose only thing in common is how good they sound when they sing together in this hilarious laugh out-loud comedy, Pitch Perfect.
When Beca leads this acoustic singing group out of their traditional arrangements and perfect harmonies into all-new mashups, they fight to climb their way to the top of college music competitions. This could wind up either the coolest thing they’ll ever do or the most insane, and it will probably be a little of both. The Pitch Perfect ensemble includes Anna Kendrick (Twilight, Up in the Air),
Anna Camp (The Help), Brittany Snow (Hairspray) and Rebel Wilson (Bridesmaids, Bachelorette).
Pitch Perfect is jam packed with hilarious special features and all kinds of extras you won’t want to miss. Here’s some of the goodies you’ll find.
- Deleted and Extended Scenes
- Meanwhile… Find out what other characters are up to in these alternative scenes.
- Line-O-Rama: Actors showcase their improvisational skills in this collection of funny one-liners from the set.
- Starships, The Pitch Perfect Music Video
- Backstage at Barden: Profiles & interviews with characters Benji and Bumper.
- On The Set: Burrito Drive By!: Behind-the-scenes footage with Fat Amy.
- A Look Inside: Catch a glimpse of this ensemble cast, the characters and the actors’ thoughts behind them, with this first-look into the movie.
- Feature Commentary With Director Jason Moore and Producers Elizabeth Banks and Max Handelman
- Feature Commentary with Producer Paul Brooks
- Blu-ray™ exclusives include even more Meanwhile… Featurettes and an additional Line-O-Rama.
The Blu-ray combo pack offers even more bonus features and includes a Blu-ray™ disc, a DVD, a Digital Copy and UltraViolet™ .
My husband (the big burly factory worker) and also an avid Gleek loved this movie in theaters and convinced me I needed to see it as well. He was thrilled when we were offered the opportunity to review Pitch Perfect and we kicked back and watched it tonight after the the kids went to bed. Musicals aren’t always my thing, but I have to admit that this one got me involved in the story and the performances. The characters are likable and while the plot is a bit over the top, the performances are great, the soundtrack is rocking and we loved the updated spin on classic 80′s and 90′s pop hits.
Pitch Perfect is rated PG-13 for sexual material, language and drug reference so it’s not for the younger kiddies. Teens will get a kick out of it though, especially if they’re musically inclined. Look for it in stores near you and can be ordered from Amazon here. For more information on the film visit www.pitchperfectmovie.