As a mom of 2 with a husband, 2 kids, a full time job, a house and a blog, it can often be tough to find time to go to the gym or work out with a trainer. I don’t get very much “me” time, and the little bit of time I do have is when the kids are in bed and I can’t leave to go to the gym.
One cool service that came across my inbox this week is CoachClub. It’s an online personal training service that gives you access to celebrity trainers and their proven exercise regimens. CoachClub recently made its American debut, building on its success of 350,000 members in France. They have the world’s largest proprietary fitness video catalog in the world with over 750 hours of videos all developed by world-renowned instructors, medical experts and computer scientists.
Yoga instructor Kristin McGee has trained Tina Fey and Bethenny Frankel. She’s a certified yoga and Pilates instructor as well as an ACE certified personal trainer. Kristin has these workout tips for busy moms.
- Right after you drop off the kids at school do your workout! If you put it off, you’ll find excuses not to get moving.
- Invite a friend or other mom over to your house and workout together. It’s a way to hang out and be social and sneak in exercise
- Have your kids do workouts with you after school, it keeps the whole family moving and is a fun way to unwind and blow off stress from the day.
- If your kids are too young to get moving with you, play a game where they have to judge you and see if you’re doing the moves correctly like American Idol!
- *Set your iphone, blackberry, computer alarm to alert you that it’s time to get up and move and just do a 25 minute routine even 25 minutes a day will re energize you.
- Take turns with your husband getting the kids ready for school in the AM and do on alternate days. You can even set up a little contest with your hubby.
- Do some post natal yoga if you’re a new mom when the baby is napping to rebuild strength and tone.
- Sign up for CoachClub with friends from all over the country and skype or email with each other to share notes.
CoachClub is currently free until the beginning of September when normal subscription rates commence and subscribers are already seeing success. Click here for more information and to check it out. You can also follow them on Facebook and Twitter.