Let’s face it, with the economy today, staying in is the new going out and more and more of us are doing our entertaining at home where we can still have fun — just on the budget.
Over the next week to celebrate my upcoming DVD screening party of Bridesmaids, I’ll be sharing some fun and frugal recipe and party ideas.
Our next Frugal Fun cocktail is a Modern Old-Fashioned Cocktail. This modern take on an old-fashioned cocktail infuses the flavors of peach, citrus and maple syrup into the classic bourbon drink. Finish it off with a single, large ice cube to give it a modern twist that’s perfect for a dimly-lit bar or just kicking back on the sofa with the girls.
- 1 extra-large ice cube or standard ice cubes*
Fresh orange slice
- Fresh lemon slice
- 1/4 of a fresh ripe peach, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- Standard ice cubes
- 4 tablespoons (2 oz) bourbon
- 2 dashes aromatic bitters
- Fresh peach slice
- Step 1: 1 Add extra-large ice cube to low ball or rocks glass.
- Step 2: Muddle orange slice, lemon slice, chopped peach and maple syrup in cocktail shaker until fruit is broken up. Add standard ice cubes, bourbon and bitters to shaker; shake and strain into glass.
- Step 3: Garnish with peach slice.
Expert Tip: To make extra-large ice cubes, fill 5-oz paper cups each with 1/4 cup water. Freeze until solid. Cut or tear paper cup to release ice cube.
Disclosure: I am receiving a party package for purposes of hosting a review screening for this DVD. However all opinions express are my own and were not influenced by the sponsor. This recipe provided courtesy of Betty Crocker Fan Fare. and MyBlogSpark.